Saturday, May 09, 2009

Whew! It's certainly been a bit longer between posts than I intended...too many work days clustered together I guess. Regardless, I have been doing some spinning lately, loving the autowrapping technique, a very "free" way to spin for me. My latest result:

Peacock 1

Peacock 2

I bought this batt from Sherry of Squambo (an Etsy seller). Lovely! So much glitz and iridescence, I love it dearly!

Also in the works, made a trip to the sewing machine, it's been awhile, but I was inspired by this bag, a market bag, by Alicia Paulson . Here's her pattern, the Jane Market Bag... my bag just has to have the corners stitched up and then I can post to her gallery as well. Easy to do, great pattern, love it!

6 comments:

BeebaBottoms said...

POh My, That yarn is just gorgeous! I have not gotten a hang of the whole, spin with a thread thing yet... but boy, is that pretty!

VictoriaG said...

Oh, but it's so incredibly easy! Just have the spool of thread/whatever lying freely in a box to the side of your wheel (for containment), start spinning your fiber, attach the thread/whatever to your fiber, and spin, don't hold the thread/whatever, just hold your drafting fiber...the thread just autowraps around your fiber willy-nilly...make sense? Easy-peasy, love the results :-)

BeebaBottoms said...

Heh... I tried once, mine came out a mess. But thats ok. I'll try again sometime, just not today, lol.

Unknown said...

That yarn is SO pretty!!! I wish I could spin like that, but I'm still a beginner.

VictoriaG said...

Kassandra, thanks for the nice comment :-)
Keep on spinning! I haven't been spinning that long and love spinning in a more "freestyle" way...it does me good to let go of some of my control...

evel dread said...

That yarn is delish! I'm actually looking for a market bag to CO right this minute :)