Sunday, June 07, 2009

A bit of a lapse here in posting all the photos...never could seem to remember the camera batteries when I was out and about. But now...here's a smattering of photos...take a look!

First off, my lovely Kindle cover! Beautiful, just beautiful...I wasn't sure how I'd like it, and it is kind of pricey, but oh, it is gorgeous! This is the Avenue of Trees design in Fern color, and attached is the little Tree of Life charm (freebie)...inside is my sleeping Kindle :-)



Next off, wanted to share the blooms from my garden...this is the first year bloom for the clematis.



Here's a coiled yarn attempt (first time) using a single spun from a TerraBellaSpun Party batt...lots of fun, slow going, but the results are lovely I think...I've named it Gypsy...



And lastly, photos of yarns I'm using this week...Madelinetosh yarn, from Stef of The Backwards Loop, in the Fig colorway for the Mara shawl KAL on Ravelry (on The Backwards Loop forum) and also a DK weight hand-dyed yarn I bought for test knitting a little preemie jacket...I'm thinking this yarn will be oh-so-cute, so we'll see!

for Mara shawl:


for Paxton Preemie Jacket:


Ooops, don't want to forget this cute little crochet pot I made, pattern from Ravelry...link to follow...

8 comments:

Robin Marie said...

I LOVE that Kindle cover! Have you found the Kindle to be a good investment? Aren't books expensive? I buy a lot of books at library book sales and things, I can't afford to buy them at cover price, so I worry about the practicality of the Kindle. At the same time, I'm totally drawn to it. (When I was really young I always dreamed of having a device to read books on...and in my imagination it was EXACTLY like the Kindle except mine had a backlight!)

VictoriaG said...

You know, it was a big leap for me to buy one...my sister bought hers just before Christmas and while I liked it, I just didn't know the practicality of such a big investment...but then...well, I spend $$ for sewing machines, spinning wheels, carders, yarn, well, you get the idea...and, while the best seller books are pricey ($9.99), there are some fabulous deals out there and quite a few freebies...especially the classics, they're mostly free! I just got Bram Stoker's Dracula and Frankenstein (botht the classic version) for free and can't wait to start those...someone on the Kindle boards had recently done an inventory of her Kindle books...she had something like 146 books, and when she added the $$ and then divided them out, they each ending up costing her $3.35, so a great deal I think :-) I'm loving mine, so nice not having to hold pages open, also I've learned to knit and read at the same time! It just sits propped on my knees...total bliss :-)

Unknown said...

Thanks so much for the response! It's definitely on my radar...I love to knit and read, but usually I can't because I have to hold the book open!

inkberryblue said...

I love the yarn and I think your clematis is gorgeous ~ it's too warm to grow them here in Western Australia. The Kindle cover is beautiful too. =]

Anonymous said...

What an adorable bowl! And I love Gypsy... just gorgeous.

Anonymous said...

The crocheted pot is so cute! I love how tight your stitches are. Crocheting is one thing I struggle with- I can't manage to get my stitches to look like yours. Maybe I just need more practice. ^^b

That Kindle cover is BEAUTIFUL. Makes me want to get one. lol!

Kris said...

Ok, I so want a Kindle cover and I don't have a kindle!!! lol

Bhavna said...

Wow, lovely Kindle cover!